RE: [IP] UltraSmart reset problem

I had an UltraSmart that developed the same problem.  It is something to do
with a loose wire or connection inside.  If you call the 800# they will send
you out a new one, don't know how common this is but as soon as I said what
happened the tech knew exactly what I was talking about...

Becky

 Just got my first UltraSmart. Had the same reset problem. It's a bit of a
pain,
because you cannot seem to edit time information for glucose entries, and I
hadn't realized the clock was off. At the time, I thought I had forced a
reset
by holding down the buttons through the soft material of the case. If I
recall,
the clock was almose exactly 2 hours off, the test strip code was reset, the
custom names for the insulins were reset. Aside from the customization
entries
and time, it lost no actual log data. I suspect that the 'setup' mode clears
out
all the custom data, and that the power was interrupted for a number of
hours.
Maybe the battery clips/springs aren't holding with enough tension? I'll try
and
pay more attention to the humidity, cold and/or static in case that is the
issue, but I live in San Jose, California, and the weather is nowhere near
as
cold/dry as Alaska. On an off topic note, I love the dog link, and are you a
Katherine Kurtz fan?

Have you talked to the techs at Lifescan?  Is this a common problem?
Aaron McHugh
Diabetic 13 years, going on pump this year (I hope)