Re: [IP] Re: Insulin on Board calculation

>It seems to me you can't please all the people all the time - if
>they DID subtract the IOB from the new food requirements there would
>be people like ME that would complain because we like it THIS
>way.......
>
>Just a thought
>
>Robert B

I just think that when there are two ways of doing something, the
safer way should be chosen.   To me, a high is safer than a low--and
lately not subtracting the IOB from the food bolus has resulted in a
lot of lows.  Latest was lunch today--blood sugar 70 3 hours after
the breakfast bolus, 1.1 U IOB which was not subtracted from my lunch
bolus which I took unmodified because I had just changed sets and I
usually go high after set changes--not today!  Yes, the correction
did reduce the meal bolus by 1 unit below the pure food bolus, but
that wasn't enough.  Even with an extra 16 gm carb when I was still
under 100 2 hours after I ate, I needed more carbs in half an hour to
drive before it got dark
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska