Re: [IP] Re: Animas announces ezAccess

At 8:23 PM -0500 1/3/05, RoseLea wrote:
>At 07:28 PM 1/3/2005, Pam Brown wrote:
>>  For the record, MM charges $199 for the upgrade to the 515/715, not $299. I
>>agree with the sentiment that the pump companies should notify us
>>about when new
>>versions are scheduled to come out. I got my 507C five years ago and sure
>>enough, within two months the 508 was out. I wasn't happy about
>>that and surely
>>would have stuck with my old 506c a few more months had I had any
>>inkling that
>>the 508 would be coming out in the near future. Pam
>
>This is an upgrade to a newer pump.  Now, if Animas comes out with a
>IR1250 that perhaps has a 300u cartridge instead of a 200u
>cartridge, then yes, I would expect to pay something to upgrade to
>it.  Not just to change the IOB calculation or add some other
>software enhancements (perhaps allowing you to change how the carb
>ratio is set or allowing more reminders).  I shouldn't have to pay
>big bucks for that.   RoseLea

And what is "big bucks"??   They haven't even announced what the
features are that they intend to release, much less what they intend
to charge for them!!!!   Of course, you will have the choice of NOT
upgrading, particularly if you feel that it cost too many "big bucks"
for the feature that is offered.

George     :>)