[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #630

In a message dated 1/3/2005 8:50:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

I agree,  but what if your low when your going to eat then your pump won't
subtract  your iob. That's my main concern at school for my  son.

What pump is he using, with the cozmo, you can enter the low blood sugar if
you don't have the cozmonitor and it will calculate less insulin considering
the  IOB and the low blood sugar, what number of carbs he is eating and his
 goal blood sugar. If you use the cozmonitor, all you have to do is say yes when
 it asks you if you want to do a correction in addition to meal bolus.  You
can always look at the recommended dose and change it manually before giving
it  if there are other outside factors to consider.

Alida