Re: Re: [IP] Animas closed?

At 02:53 PM 1/3/2005, email @ redacted wrote:

>  When a holiday falls on a weekend, workers generally take either Friday or
>Monday off. Usually, it's the day closest to the actual holiday (i.e.,
>Friday is
>taken off if the holiday falls on Saturday; Monday if it's on Sunday).
>However,
>not always. I suspect that is what happened with Animas.
>
>  If your employee contract says you get a certain holiday off, you are
> entitled
>to a day off, even when that holiday falls on what normally is a day off
>anyway.
>
>Jan and ElvisToo

True.  The usual protocol is to take the day before the weekend if the
holiday is on Saturday and the day after the weekend if the holiday is on
Sunday.  Granted any company can make whatever decision they want regarding
holidays, even which ones to give as days off.  However, most people are
back to work today since New Year's Day was Saturday.

RoseLea