   Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:03:39 EST
  From: email @ redacted<mailto:email @ redacted>
  Subject: [IP] Another problem/challenge - what might this be

  Diabetes for 11 years - pumping for 4 1/2.  All but 1 A1Cs in low 7s and
   since pump, in low to mid 6's. Have had no complications (that I know of)
with
  2
  physicals/year (PCP then Endo), labs 2-4x/year and normal eye exam in
October.

  For the last 7-10 days I've had sporadic sensations of itch burn in both
   hands and today on the outside of both feet. The area of pain looks red
even as
  try not to scratch or rub it.  This occurs mosly during the day (if at
night,
  I sleep through it).  It feels like what happened once when I was walking
the
  beach and got very cold.  I warmed my hands and feet slowly when I got home
  and there was a time period when there was incredible pain with this
itch/burn
  pain as my circulation got back to normal.  I've been wearing gloves and
warm
  sox in the house and that seems to help.  The symptoms come out of nowhere
and
  seem to ebb spontaneously.

  Does this sound like neuropathy?  Anything anyone has experienced?  I see my
  endo in 1 month but might be able to get in sooner if needed. Thanks for any
  help or ideas.  Jill