[IP] UltraSmart reset problem

 Just got my first UltraSmart. Had the same reset problem. It's a bit of a pain,
because you cannot seem to edit time information for glucose entries, and I
hadn't realized the clock was off. At the time, I thought I had forced a reset
by holding down the buttons through the soft material of the case. If I recall,
the clock was almose exactly 2 hours off, the test strip code was reset, the
custom names for the insulins were reset. Aside from the customization entries
and time, it lost no actual log data. I suspect that the 'setup' mode clears out
all the custom data, and that the power was interrupted for a number of hours.
Maybe the battery clips/springs aren't holding with enough tension? I'll try and
pay more attention to the humidity, cold and/or static in case that is the
issue, but I live in San Jose, California, and the weather is nowhere near as
cold/dry as Alaska. On an off topic note, I love the dog link, and are you a
Katherine Kurtz fan?

Have you talked to the techs at Lifescan?  Is this a common problem?
Aaron McHugh
Diabetic 13 years, going on pump this year (I hope)