Re: [IP] Animas announces ezAccess

 I agree with Ricardo. Most insurances wont pay for that kind of upgrade.
Minimed says their upgrade cost is ONLY 299.00, but 299.00 yearly or everytime
they have an upgrade, for alot of us is too much after having to pay for meds
and deductibles and/or copays. Animas won't tell you what their upgrade fee is,
they just say it's affordable...to who? I like Deltecs concept, to my
understanding, it even goes farther than just to the end of the warrentee. Too
bad Deltec isn't on my provider list.

Ricardo <email @ redacted> wrote:

Many insurance plans cover pumping 100% under DME but paying for
software enhancements most likely will start to push more of the cost
onto the pumper. I am willing to pay out of pocket for hardware
upgrades and software upgrades that are true advances in technology but
parity in my mind should be included in the cost of doing business and
maintaining market share.

Ricardo