Re: [IP] Test Strips cannister left open!

I used to work in tech support for a meter/strip manufacturer. Strips
were made in a dry room which had a humidity of 0%.  The top of the
vial contains a desecant which removes the moisture that might get
into the vial from the short exposure that occurs when you open the
bottle to take out a strip.  But this is also why you never want to
store strips in a bathroom, kitchen or any other area that could have
high humidity or heat.

Bruce

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF8/845.html