[IP] Another problem/challenge - what might this be

Diabetes for 11 years - pumping for 4 1/2.  All but 1 A1Cs in low 7s and
 since pump, in low to mid 6's. Have had no complications (that I know of) with
2
physicals/year (PCP then Endo), labs 2-4x/year and normal eye exam in October.

For the last 7-10 days I've had sporadic sensations of itch burn in both
 hands and today on the outside of both feet. The area of pain looks red even as
try not to scratch or rub it.  This occurs mosly during the day (if at night,
I sleep through it).  It feels like what happened once when I was walking the
beach and got very cold.  I warmed my hands and feet slowly when I got home
and there was a time period when there was incredible pain with this itch/burn
pain as my circulation got back to normal.  I've been wearing gloves and warm
sox in the house and that seems to help.  The symptoms come out of nowhere and
seem to ebb spontaneously.

Does this sound like neuropathy?  Anything anyone has experienced?  I see my
endo in 1 month but might be able to get in sooner if needed. Thanks for any
help or ideas.  Jill