Re: [IP] UltraSmart reset problem

I replaced the battery and it cured it.
don

Sue Ann Bowling <email @ redacted> wrote:
I've been using the UltraSmart meter(s) for three months now, and am
now on my third. All have had the problem of resetting
themselves--that is, when I insert a strip or press the logbook key,
what comes up instead of the code number or a choice of logbook
options is a choice of languages followed by time and date. The time
is always off; usually earlier than the real time (I synchronize with
my pump) but once later; the date has been correct so far. It also
loses the strip code and restarts all meal and bolus counting from 0.
No data is lost and the only number I have reason to suspect is one
where the strip channel was not completely filled. It's an
annoyance, and with three straight having the same problem I don't
think replacement is the answer.

The problem does seem worst in the coldest weather, when the relative
humidity indoors here is lowest, and I am beginning to wonder if I am
looking at a low-humidity static problem. I've moved the hygrometer
into the room where the meter usually lives, and the current humidity
is around 15%. Does anyone else who has had this problem have any
humidity data associated with it? As an old meteorologist I can use
data like whether iced drink containers get "dew" on the outside or
windows frost to get some idea of humidity.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska