[IP] Re: IP Insertion Questions

> ><Does just about everyone use a 'serter?

<snip> I'm inclined to think if you look of the people who started
pre-serter
> days versus post-serter days, you will find a marked difference in
> percentage of each group that uses the 'serter.

That's a YMMV too. I started pumping in '83 when all we had was straight
needles that we bent ourselves. When I received a MM 506 in '92 I was told
about SofSets and that sounded good since the metal needles often made me
bleed. There were no Serters then. In '98 I had a bent canula and very sick
w/high BGs in a matter of a few hours. I called MM the next day to complain
and they told me of their SofSerter. I was sent one (free) and have used it
ever since. So, I did it by hand for 6 yrs. I don't want to experience a
bent canula again and the quickness of the Serter assures it goes in
straight.

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS with
World's Youngest Pumper)

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.