Re: [IP] infusion site is a tiny bit red

 Thanks for the note about your experience. We weren't overly concerned enough
to call the endo or pump trainer / cde @ 11:00 pm but thought we'd like to hear
some experience from this group. You confirmed my gut feeling, but just needed
to hear it from someone else the first time around.

 Amy could be a commercial for the McDonalds line "I'm loving it". We went out
to dinner after the training Thursday night & on the way she started singing the
Lee Greenwood song "I'm proud to be an American". I wondered what this was all
about, then she got to the part that says "where at least I know I'm free" & she
stopped & repeated the word "free" 4 or 5 times. She then said "I just feel so
"free" with this pump.

 We're real encouraged by the way the numbers are going right now although my
wife & are are both looking foward to the nights where we don't have to get up
every 3 hours to check her bg.

 This group has been great to sort of lurk & read over the last month in prep
for the pump (while also reading the "Pumping Insulin" book.

Tom

Cynthia VanDenBerge <email @ redacted> wrote:
IMO, totally normal, after you jabbed a fairly long needle into the skin and
then left a small plastic cannula there...some site reaction is normal. You may
even see some seepage or even bleeding from the site when you go to remove it.
 If you are concerned talk to your daughter's educator or endo. How is she
liking
the pump? Cynthia

Tom Ford wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your
tax deductible contributions.

It's been 2 days & 6 hours since we put our daughter's first infusion set in. I
just noticed a very small amount of redness through the little window in the
center of the infusion set. We were planning to change the set tomorrow anyway.
Her #'s seem in the normal range & we're thinking of leaving the site in until
tomorrow as planned.

Any thoughts based on your personal experiences?

Thanks!
Tom