Re: [IP] First using glucose test strips

 Me too! Test strips in about 81and first meter that took for ever with alot of
hoops to jump through (I had to put the hanging 2nd drop (1st drop was
considered shock blood, so it was unusable) of blood on the strip, wait 90 sec,
wipe off, wait 90 sec, rince with water from small bottle, wait 90 sec, insert
into meter, push button, wait 90 sec and then maybe get results...if all the
steps were done right and 2nd blood drop was a hanging dome, didn't touch the
strip with finger and was big enough) in about 83/84

RoseLea <email @ redacted> wrote:
I remember first using glucose test strips sometime during the
mid-80s. The AccuCheck ones that you put blood on, counted for 60 seconds,
then wiped off the blood, waited another 60 seconds and then compared it to
a chart on the vial to get a bg range. No meters back then, all done
visually. Got my first meter in the late 80s.

RoseLea
dx July 1963 age 11