 I believe the first 'lancet' I saw in the early 1950's was a scapel stuck
through a cork stopper. It was kept in a jar of alcohol (to keep it clean :) it
was used for blood counts, typing & rH factor etc. Glucose was about a 2 hr
procedure (Folin-Wu) I can't remember when the test strips came out , but must
have been in the 1960's and they sure were not close to a 5 sec readout.**** Bet
somebody will have the date! :)
There has been a few changes in the past 65 years.
don
dx January 1940 age 5

email @ redacted wrote:
Someone once said of pilots, "there are old pilots and there are bold pilots
but there are not old bold pilots." Perhaps the same could be said about the
diabetics, especially those who have used the same lancet since 1950. Why not
just use a good stout crowbar?

B.W. Old diabetic