[IP] Trigger Finger?

Hello and Happy New Year everyone!  I have seen this topic discussed  before
but I am still not sure what it is.  Can someone explain to me what  trigger
 finger is, cause, etc..... I am having severe pain in the middle finger on my
right hand and finding it increasingly difficult to bend on the  base.  It
 feels and acts like it is "jammed" but I cannot "pop" it. It just started with
no accident that I know of.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Robert