Re: [IP] Can someone tell me if the following is true

At 8:37 PM -0500 1/1/05, cyndy tengesdal wrote:
>A person with diabetes who is quote under control will NEVER spill sugar into
>their urine?

It depends!  Do they ever carry the sugar bowl to the toilet bowl?

NEVER say NEVER.   Accidents will happen, and nobody, I mean NOBODY is perfect.

>Is it possible to attain the same control with MDI as with a pump?  The same
>a1c?

Doubtful.  You MIGHT achieve the same A1c, but under MDI it will come
with the cost of some severe hypos.  Want proof?  Go here:
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/about.shtml#hbA1c

George
best A1c under MDI 7.0 with several severe hypos weekly
best A1c under the Pump 5.8, two severe hypos yearly (nobody's perfect)   ;>)