[IP] Long Term Damage from a Finger Poke!

I read your message of Dec. 15 regarding the 'fun' of doing finger sticks!
Why don't you switch to an alternate site glucose meter?

I use the Sof-tact at least 10 times a day on my husband.  I also use the
UltraSmart on me.  I do find I need a bottle of warm water in the summer but
need to switch to a magic bag heated for 90 s. in the colder months.  I
leave the bag or the bottle on the arm while I get the sof-tact or
UltraSmart ready to use.  That's usually enough time to bring lots of blood
to the surface and the meter quickly gives me my blood glucose number.  No
sweat!

The accuracy of the alternate site glucose meters has been questioned.  I
just had a lab blood test and the blood glucose number from it was 14 while
the two meters read 13.7 and 14.7.  Obviously, this time anyway, the
alternate sites glucose meters were very accurate.

Have a Happy New Year!  Euglycemic all the way!

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.