Re: [IP] Re: using insulin left in

> And if you just injected a big bolus of air under the skin, this
> would have no effect, as the air would just dissolve slowly into the
> blood without any bubbles.   So like Barb said, not to worry.

Am I the only one that while on shots, mistakenly took an injection of air?
I was taught to draw up air first, inject the air into the vial, and then
take out the needed insulin, so as not to create a vacuum in the vial.
Occasionally, I would not realize I hadn't injected it into the vial and
drawn up the air, and inject that air by mistake.  Usually, the lack of
resistance reminded me of what I had done, and I would redo the injection.

Of course, YMMV, but I survived and am still here to tell about it, years

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990