[IP] how soon for bloodless testing?

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:18:27 -0500
<<From: Shawna <email @ redacted>
Subject: [none]

I'd settle for an implantable glucose sensor, so I won't have to mess
with expensive blood test strips any more.   Looking at my watch or some
other inconspicuous display to tell what my blood sugar is would be much
nicer than what we put up with today.

 Wouldn't you still have to calibrate the glucose sensor with
traditional finger-sticks?  I don't know. But somehow, I don't see us
getting away from them at least some of  the time. But even so, it would
be nice if some of the time it was automatic and I didn't  have to worry
about waking up to test in the middle of the night. I would just love to
sleep the whole night through again.

I was looking at the SugarTrac website, wishing for no strip, no blood
checking of blood sugar levels and they are very close to being ready
for selling their product.  They were
projecting final FDA approval for Sept or Oct this year!
I wonder how long it takes after that for it to get on the market??
I want one now!

Faith and SweetiePie, my mighty blue d-tron
diabetic 21+ years and glad to be here
pumping since 08-00