[IP] Re: Re: skiing and diabetes

Betty,

You have received great advice already.  I want to
endorse the never ski alone suggestion.  If there is
ever a cure for diabetes - that will be one of the
first things I do - ski alone.  Something I've NEVER
done.

I do not lower my basal rates either.  I carry sports
gel in little packets in case I go low (Power Gel, GU,
etc).  They don't freeze easily, so they are great on
the slopes.

I don't carry my meter with me.  I leave it in the
lodge & check when I go in for lunch.  If I am skiing
badly - I eat.  Then I correct if needed when I'm
inside.  Not the best advice - but the way I do it.

HTH.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.