Re: [IP] A new pumper

At 10:35 AM 1/31/03, you wrote:
>"My best advice to other diabetics? Follow your doctor's directions, and
>watch your diet. And, get as much exercise as you're capable of doing. Other
>than that, lead a normal life. Once in a while I get down, and say 'Oh gosh,
>this is a nuisance,' but you can always find things to do."
>The Joslin Clinic tells Vi she is one of the four people who have had
>diabetes longer than anyone in the United States. She's had type 1,
>insulin-dependent diabetes, for 75 years, and thrived. And she's not
>finished yet.

And, she may be very lucky to have just inherited some good genes which has
helped her to avoid serious complications.  I think it's a disservice to a
lot of long term Type 1s to just make it sound like all they have to do is
follow what their doctor says and they will live a long life complication
free.  It's not that simple.  Some people struggle and try to do everything
right and have all the complications there are, while others who pay little
attention, end up complication free.  Most of us end up somewhere in
between.  My 2 cents worth.

who's also inherited good genes that help but is by no means a "perfect"