[IP] Re: warranty up in April

> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:44:31 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> I was wondering if
> insurance companies let us get a new pump when our warranty is up or do we
> just keep our pump and see what happens.  I wouldn't want to have a
> problem with my 507C and have to get it fixed at my expense.  How long
> could that go on?

I know this is an old message, but I was in sunny Phoenix at the time
meeting other 'netters and didn't get my 3.5c in. I'm now where it was 10*F
yesterday a.m. ;-)

When my 506 died (after 6 yrs' use) I had the option of keeping the refurbed
one ($495.00) they sent within 16 hrs, or have them contact my ins. co. with
my dr's Rx that was faxed to MM for a new one. I got my 507C in 3 days'
time. That will be 4 years in March. The way I read my present policy is DME
is covered UP TO $2,000.00 per year. Gratefully, infusion sets/reservoirs
are handled through the mail-order pharmacy. YMMV

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

"Comedy, we may say, is society protecting itself - with a smile." - J.B.