Re: [IP] skiing and diabetes

There are previous threads on this issue exactly. You might want to check it
out in the members only section.

Here is what I do:

I use the Ultra and have *never* had a problem with it warming up. I test on
the chairlift. The Ultra is great because it is so quick. Keep it as close to
your body as possible. I take Mentos with me because they are easy to pop in
my mouth. Especially on the slopes. Take quick acting glucose that is easy to
eat on the go. Some protien is a good idea too. I don't change my basal rates
while skiing. If I were you I would see how the first day goes before
changing your basal rate. I actually usually go high while skiing.
Have a great time! Wish I could behitting the slopes instead of hitting the
books <sigh>
dxd age 7 1988 pumping 1992 skiing since age 2