[IP] Re: temporary Lantus-DKA <jhughey

Thanks for your articulate explanation of the difference between ketosis and
ketoacidosis, makes sense!  I do believe that if I get a really bad bug with
a fever it
is likely to last at least 24 hours.  Taking the Lantus and backing off on
the pump basel to minimum, just to keep it running, may prevent the ketosis
better for me.
Since I am new to the pump, when this happened I wasn't sure how much to up
the basel.  Pumping Insulin book said to do it with the bolus and I really
had to keep pushing that button, more than I thought.  I never remember
having such a problem with ketosis , when sick, when I had a background of
long acting. Thanks again!