[IP] Occlusion Annoyances

have an Animas also and have very low basal rates using .05 for
almost 1/3rd of the day.  Your sensitivity setting should be set to "H" for
the low basal rates.  I know this seems backwards - but it is right.  When I
first got my pump 3 a couple years ago I had mine on "L" (thinking this was
the lowest sens. setting) but it is not.  The way it is described in the
manual is rather unclear about the sens. settings.  I called Animas and they
confirmed to me that if you have very LOW basal rates the sens. setting should
be on "H".  I changed my setting to H and have had very few occlusion alarms
since that time.  I did receive the new resovoirs this last time around with
the green dot on them and did get two occ. alarms during the night a couple
weeks ago.  Both times I just hit the prime button for a few seconds to make
sure the pump was working find and reconnected and went back to sleep.  I
don't know if both of these occ. alarms were a fluke with the res. or not, but
my BS was fine in the morning.
Try changing the sens. setting on your pump and see what happens.  If you call
Animas they can describe to you why the H and L seem backward - it has
something do with how some engineers see the sens. level as compared to how
the rest of us see it! :>)
 Trish, I got the same explanation. You are lucky, at least you are awakened
before your pump sirens, I have to reset my pump which is screaming before i
hear it. I too use .05 unit basels and find that the pump is reporting an
occlusion. then i have to go thru the prime and reboot pump sequence. i heard
that some of he reservoirs are too tight they ask the lot number but do not
imprint this on the reservoir body. I suggest that the reservoir number be
imprinted on the body of the reservir as well as a resistance number in dynes
which is measured dynamically and printed on he body before radiation
sterilization. spot