From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 9:40 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Thank You everyone

I just recently joined this list, less than a month now, and I want to say
Thank You to everyone who has posted something.  I've been on the pump for
about 9 months now, am have the best control ever, and experienced my first
diabetic complication, retinopothy.  Have had a few laser treatments and a
vitrectomy 2 weeks ago.  Emotionally, this really set me back.  No more
denail about being a diabetic, no more feeling like I was winning.  This
really scared me, and made me look back at the years of no control, little
control, and ok control.  I was so happy when I got this pump, and felt like
I had a "cure", now I feel like I got my "cure" too late.  So the depression
was setting in, and someone posted about depression and I could relate to
being embarressed about it, and then there was the post about the new lancet
and doing finger sticks wrong all this time (that really did make me laugh
out loud), and all the profiles coming in, there are so many of us, I am not
alone, and people having diabetes since they were little kids, and teens,
people who are older and have had this disease for such a long time, anyway,
I'm rambling on now, but my point is that reading this digest has really
helped me end my pity party.  I can't un-do the past, and I am not about to
give up on my future.  Thank you all for the strength you've given me this
past couple of weeks.