RE: [IP] Small Pox Vaccinations

Sue [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> A few of us were discussing the old small pox vaccinations
> that we had as
> kids. Is today's vaccine the same?

Fundamentally, yes.  I suspect there may be some refinements in the medium,
but it's still Vaccinia.

> Both my father and I were
> vaccinated 2 or
> 3 times and neither of us ever developed the scar that was to
> result from
> the vaccination. The thought at that time was we were
> naturally immuned.
> Would this be possible?

Everything on the CDC web page
(http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/index.asp) says various reaction *MAY*
occur.  I don't know if development of the sore is indicative of successful
immunization or not.  But if you visit the web pagan and you don't find the
answers you are looking for, you can click on "Contact Us" and ask your
question by email.

Jim Handsfield