[IP] Re: Big bad bubble

I have been type 1 for 18 years and just got the mm paradigm in Nov. 02.  I
like having the pump; except I just had a similar experience-  I had a really
bad 30 hour
stomach flu with fever.  Was pretty much incapacitated, did not want to eat
or drink.
My bg's went crazy and I was actually passing LG amts. of ketones with
nausea.  This has actually never happened to me before and it  was very
frightening as I have read how serious DKA can be.   I was able to handle it
myself by giving 2xplus my normal correction dose and forcing fluids.  What I
am thinking is--- Would it not be better for
pumpers when they get sick (fever-etc.) to take a dose of Lantus plus stay on
the pump.  This would help with the risk of DKA and one could monitor their
sugars to ensure the pump is set correctly.  Has anyone ever heard of doing
this or know anything about this???
Linda Holt