Re: [IP] Re: using insulin left in

This thread reminds me of one several years ago that John Neale and I
had about injecting insulin IV (not recommended).  I think that if
you did happen to hit a vein AND hold it there long enough to inject
an air bubble before or after insulin, you might surely suffer more
from the acute effect of the insulin than the small amount of air.
And if you just injected a big bolus of air under the skin, this
would have no effect, as the air would just dissolve slowly into the
blood without any bubbles.   So like Barb said, not to worry.  But if
you do use the method in an emergency, do it correctly so you get the
insulin you need properly delivered.

>I THINK (46 years ago..) i was told, that air in the syringe could cause an
air bubble in my blood stream,(i know, i know...we dont inject into the blood
stream),which could cause the heart to stop....<