Re: [IP] Re: Diabetes in Control

At 07:20 PM 1/29/2003 -0500, Marisa Schmidt wrote:

>Have you ever looked into how much the US Government spends on diabetes

I've not seen the breakdown for Medicare (which is the only DM treatment
the U. S. Government pays for).

>How you ever considered how much a cure might be worth?

I'm not sure that can really be calculated.  But be careful here - diabetes
is not a single disease but several with similar symptoms.  I assume you
are speaking of type 1.

>There are
>many researchers out there dedicated to finding a cure.  Some of them are so
>dedicated because they are personally affected by diabetes.

We need to be careful here, too, to avoid personal bias.  We are not helped
by someone who cannot be objective about their data.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.