Re: [IP] Meter Accuracy???

At 05:48 PM 1/29/2003 -0500, Contreras, Eloisa (Eloisa) wrote:

>I have a question regarding meter accuracy.

All of these, including the continuous testing system are considered waived
laboratory tests.  They are waived because they require neither special
training nor proficiency testing under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement
Amendments of 1988 (CLIA 88).  To qualify for waived status, the device
must be operable without special training by someone with a seventh grade
education and the device must be within 5% of a standard (i.e. moderate
complexity) lab test 50% of the time.  This is approximated as +/-
20%.  This standard is for all of our home test meters, the rapid (endo's
office) HbA1c test, and several others that you'll hear about from time to

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.