Re: [IP] Diabetes & Virus Theory

Okay - I'm probably screwing up the list's thread
index because I can NEVER remember what the subject
was by the time I get situated to respond - when I
remember to change the subject!
The message I'm resonding to had something to do with
whether or not we, as diabetics, would still require
anti-rejection drugs if we were undergoing islet cell
My disclaimer:
This is my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE only.  NOT a study, not
a reference to a study that does or doesn't exist.
Now, on to my real message...
I truly believe my overactive immune system is
responsble for my diabetes (T1 for ALMOST 31 years).
Why do I think this and why am I not willing to take
part in studies that use anti-rejection drugs?
1) I have had a total of 5 colds in the last 20 years.
 That is not a typo.  Five (5).
2) I have NEVER had a fever blister.
3) I have allergies to everything and anything.  They
have only gotten worse as I've gotten older.
There is no proof here of anything other than I have
an overactive immune system.  Do I think I would need
to take immunosuppressive drugs?  YOU BETCHA!
-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.
Paranoid that someone on this list will find something
inherently wrong with my message - thus all the caveats.
Do you Yahoo!?