[IP] Hey Baby What's your type? (was: Whether to pump or use MDI)

I was Dx'd at the age of 19 by my doctor as a type 1 1/2 diabetic....Fromt
he other people that I have talked to I think that many doctors do this
because a patient is not exhibiting all of the "classic' symptoms and they
don't want to give an incorrect diagnosis....with the increasing number of
youg type 2ers out there it could be hard for a family to get one diagnosis
and then have to change gears later when they find out it was
inaccurate....personally I was bothered by the 1 1/2 diagnosis beacuse I
didn't understand it and it gave my parents the hopes that it would go away
if I started a strict meal plan....I wanted something more concrete so I
could start therapy and get back to my life the best that I could...

Wesley (dx'd 1999)