Re: [IP] RE: Fighting Insurance

>>>And in all fairness to Blue Cross, they did have one of the most pump
plans of any of the HMOs that I looked at.<<<

My experience with Blue Cross was anything BUT pump friendly. They refused to
even acknowledge that a request for a pump had been put in on my behalf by my
doctor AND Minimed. We finally switched to John Deere Health through my
husbands employer and after being covered under their plan for only two days,
Minimed called them for approval for a 508 and they approved it in 15
minutes. I got my pump four days later. Blue Cross was the sorriest insurance
that we have ever dealt with. Maybe it varies from state to state and plan to
plan, but from my experiences, I would never choose them again.