Re: [IP] Temporary basal adjustment

> I imagine that such a feature would only need to be a software
> perhaps Minimed will provide the feature in a future software upgrade for
> the pump.  :-)

This isn't likely, considering that I think the Disetronic pumps, as long as
they have had temporary basals, have done it this way, so the idea has been
out there a long time.  Minimed just chooses not to do their temporary
basals that way, and I don't think anyone really knows why.

I expect it is keyed to how basals are delivered, period.  MM delivers all
basals, whether they are .1 per hour or 1.0, by the tenth of a unit.
Meaning that how often you get your basal depends on how much you get.  If
you get .1, you get .1 one time in the hour.  If you have a 1.0 basal, you
get .1 ten times in an hour, or once every six minutes.

Every other pump divides the basal out into even amounts and gives a
percentage of it out (about 5 or 6% of the total hourly) every three or four
minutes.  For those taking basals of, say, .6, that doesn't matter so much,
but it really can mess things up for somebody taking only .1 or .2 per hour.
It is something to consider when choosing what pump you are going to buy.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990