[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #8

Carin the psychotherapist said:

>Depression is not uncommon in folks with chronic
illness. <

Gail responds:
Carin:  True, BUT, those with diabetes are even MORE
likely to have depression.  My own therapist (LCSW,
MSW, LFSW) is Type I (following gestational diabetes)
on MDDI, not a pump yet.  She is very aware of the
diabetes & depression link.  Diabetes and depression
is a correlated & causated relationship.  I don't know
the causation factor (which comes first: hbg then
depression or depression then hbg), but people with
diabetes have a higher incidence of depression than
the general "chronic illness" population.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.
Been there doing it.  Depend on both Celexa AND Buspar.

Do you Yahoo!?