[IP] Saving insurance expenses

> From: "Kristen Olgren" <email @ redacted>

> And the fact remains that there are a lot of diabetics out there that
> the right kind of patient to go on a pump.  I'm not exactly expressing a
> novel opinion here.  I'll bet any pro-pump doc would back me up on that.

> A lot of things need to be considered -- is the benefit worth the cost, am
> going to make good use of this expensive piece of equipment, am I going to
> test as much as I should to use the pump, and so on.  These questions, I
> believe, would be weighed much more carefully if people were spending their
> OWN money to go on the pump, instead of the insurance company's money.  Why
> shouldn't those things be considered when someone else is footing the bill?

> Kristen
> dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

You are very correct!  I am reminded of an older man in my insulin pump
support group that has been trying to correctly operate his pump for about a
year, with assistance from several sources, and he simply can not do it
properly.  He is a classic example of someone who should never been put on a
pump in the first place.  For his own sake, he has anounced he is quiting