[IP] Re: Pump Training

The MM trainer came to my house for about 2 hours and I also watched the video
and read Pumping Insulin by John Walsh and then it was trial and error on my
own as my doctor did not know anything about the pump.

Someone else had asked about good and bad beginning pump experiences.

Bad - I unhooked my pump and forgot to hook it up again and 3 - 4 hours later
I was at 450 even though I had not eaten anything and was working hard.  It
was a hard reality about how dependent I am on insulin.

Good - the first day on the pump I didn't eat until 11:00 a.m, painted all day
in 117 degree heat index with no reactions and then ate again at 4:00 p.m.
This was so great that I cried when I realized that I didn't know everyone
else ate when it was convenient not when their insulin required it!

Great - When I started having really great BS, I felt so good that it was like
being high.  The euphoria was almost scary!  Unfortunately shortly after that
I went though a break up with my boyfriend and that really impacted my BS

Type 1 - 29 years, pumping 3 1/2 years