[IP] Whether to pump or use MDI

Hal said:
>>>am reminded of a conversation I had with a philosophical endocrinologist
was a diabetic pump user himself.  He said:

"If, when insulin was first available (1921/1922) the only way to administer
it was via an insulin pump; and, now many years later, new insulin's that
longer and/or work quicker, suddenly became available, a lot of people would
want to quit pumping and go to the new, latest therapy that only requires a
few shots each day." <<<

I probably be one who would make the change because I never minded my 810
daily injections.  But after a very short time I would be back on the pump
because of the superior control it offers over NPH or any other mid- or
long-term insulin.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998