[IP] Re: Depression and Diabetes

Hello all! (First let me say- I am Speaking as an IDDM pumper, that happens
to be a  licensed psychotherapist). Having a chronic illness such as we do
requires such rigorous attention that it  is bound to affect our  mood!
Depression is not uncommon in folks with chronic illness. Our illness has a
cascading affect on every aspect of our life.  Having diabetes makes me
anxious! I am constantly having to make micro and macro decisions that affect
my condition....depression and anxiety are also closely related.  In fact
they are on the same continuum, just differing degrees. I think support is
helpful, either via a group or therapist, in conduction with an
antidepressant! Anyway just wanted to share this with all my fellow pumpers
that are plugged in 24 hours a day!
We should all be congratulated!

Carin M. Beasley LMFT CACIII  "mindstretcher"