Re: [IP] Pump Training

Back in 1992 when I first went on the pump at age 11 I spent a week in the
hospital. I was so out of control at that point and a big rebel that I am
glad I had that week. My blood sugars were checked at least every hour
thorugh this thingy that was set up through the IV. I don't remember what is
was called. My Mom and I spent a lot of time learning how to make adjustments
for meals (Carb Counting wasn't widely used then I guess) and for exercise.
At the time, and for me then it was the best thing to be in the hospital for
a week. So many doctors now are pump friendly that it is unnecessary to spend
time in the hospital IMHO.

dxd age 7 1988  pumping 1992