[IP] Food Poisoning and onset of DM

This is off the regular topic about what to do when you have food poisoning.
I was wondering if getting food poisoning has ever been linked to the onset of
DM.  I had a bad case of food poisoning a few weeks before I was diagnosed
with DM.  By the way, I got Type one later in life (29 years old).  It was
probably just a coincidence but I've always wanted to ask this and since the
topic of food poisoning came up I thought now would be a good time.

kindest regards,