[IP] Pump Training

""Hospitalization for pump training? Do they really do this?
How many people have actually had this?""

I was authorized a 24-hr admit for my pump training the day I went live. I had already used up my diabetes training with the earlier meeting at the center when we did the test out of carb counting and intial pump orientation.

In reality - I checked in at 8 am and was home by 5. But I did spend the day at the hospital itself with the CDE going over pump functions - alarm codes etc. Plus they wanted to see me do the lunch bolus and correction (if any) even though I was already considered proficient in carb counting.

It was the way my insurance approved it. My doc gave me a phone call mid-day to see how it all was going.

Linda & Dax