Re: [IP] Questions on sports and the pump

In a message dated 1/27/2003 8:18:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I  love   sports....I  want to know  how  does  one  go about playing
> sports  like baseball, basketball.  softball  ..with the pump.....I
> play  golf  should be ok  also tennis  should  be ok....I go to gym  no
> problem..but if I want to  join a league  to play softball  could
> wearing a pump  be  a problem???Thanks Ted  Ringelheim

Wearing the pump or disconnecting (and then periodcally reconnecting during
breaks in the play) are generally more a matter of personal choice (which may
vary according to the sport) than league rules.  My daughter wears her pump
for basketball, cheerleading, and dance clipped to the inside of the waist
band of her uniform shorts/pants and disconnected for ice skating and martial
arts.  You may want to experiment with different ways of "wearing" your pump
to see what you're most comfortable with.  BTW, she also always wears her
emergency ID bracelet -- we put a wrist band (sweat band) over it in
situatins where she could scratch somebody with it . . .

Pumpmama to Katie (12)