Re: : [IP] About the Insurance Laws in all but 4 states

I live in one of those 4 states which does not have a law requiring the ins.
companines to pay for diabetes supplies.  Fortunately, we have Medical Mutual
Super Med Plus and it pays for the supplies anyway.  Isn't it amazing that
there actually is an insurance company that pays for something that the state
law does not require them to pay for?  Imagine that!  We have coverage for
insulin, syringes, test strips, pump supplies, glucagon emergency kits, etc.
I've been told that an insurance carrier which my husband's employer used to
have, would not cover these supplies.  Ohio is moving toward passing a law
that will cover these supplies so hopefully the day will soon come when
everyone will have coverage regardless of who their ins. carrier is.

<<Actually I've always wondered what that means... if by law the insurance
companies have to pay for diabetes supplies in all but those 4 special
states, what does that really mean?

What do they consider "supplies" does that include insulin and syringes?

Do they have to pay for those?

Or does it apply only to test strips and pump supplies?

Does it infer that they do not have to cover hospital emergency costs for a

Or is it unfortunately totally different in each state? I've tried to find
more info on each state I'm considering moving to but I have not found
anything other that the link that lists the states that require insurance
co's to pay for diabetes supplies.>>