[IP] normal sugars but positive ketones

    When I had food poisoning, my blood sugars were still in the normal
range (7mmol/L here in Canada) but when my diabetes educator suggested that
I test my urine, I discovered that I had a 'high' reading for ketones...
indicating that my body was not getting enough insulin, therefore my
diabetes educator indicated that I should take extra insulin and attempt to
consume the appropriate amount of carbohydrate (popsicles, juice, etc).

avast! (VPS 24/01/2003): the message contains no virus