Re: [IP] Re: Normal sugars but positive ketones?

> sugars are normal but you have a positive ketone test

Please explain.

>From what I've read, this can happen any time you are sick,
but I don't know why.

My understanding is this......the body starts burning fat and that creates
keytones for some  reason or another. This I learned from the Dr Atkins diet
info.......this can over work your liver/kidneys............The diet sais to
get into keytosis for up to 2 weeks, I disagree, when I follow this diet, I
eat enough carbs to stay OUT of keytosis. I am not sure however, why
keytosis would present itself with food poisoning?
Thats all I know about it.
Tami in Tucson