Re: [IP] A1c - 5.5 on MDI vs 5.5 on Pump

> Compared with MDI, CSII has better insulin pharmacokinetics, less
> variability in insulin absorption, and decreased risk of
> hypoglycemia
> these finding and other benefits are repeated over and over again in
> the newer studies.
> Michael

I agree completely. I was amused to open up the new Diabetes Forecast that I
received this week to find a "study" that compared MDI &CSII and found
essentially no difference in achieving control ("Shots Can Provide Same
Level of Control as Pumps", by Shauna Roberts). Interesting to note that the
study was supported by Eli Lilly, who, IMO, have something to lose if
diabetics were to stop using NPH.