Re: [IP] Celexa?

Hi Cynthia,

I have been on Celexa before and did not notice any adverse effects with my
diabetes.  However, a monograph about Celexa does include this information:

Use in Diabetic Patients
Citalopram has not been systematically evaluated in diabetic patients since
diabetes constituted an exclusion criterion. Although 13 patients did
receive insulin during the studies, this number is too small to determine
whether citalopram affects the response to insulin. Rare events of
hypoglycemia were reported. Citalopram should be used with caution in
diabetic patients on insulin or other antidiabetic drugs.

So, given this information I would probably test a little more often in the

Also, it seems to me that you will be on this for about two weeks before you
will notice any real changes.

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that you should not be
embarrassed in anyway about depression or taking medication for depression.

By now, you are most likely not embarrassed by your diabetes.  Depression,
like diabetes is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain.  It is not the
product of a bad upbringing or a character flaw in any way.

We are here for you on  the list and I would be most supportive of anything
you sent off list as well.

Things will get better.  Please keep in touch.